Versione ITVersione EN

The Church of Gesù Nuovo

It is the masterpiece of Baroque art in Naples. It was built in the sixteenth century by the Jesuits at the Renaissance Palazzo Sanseverino, which preserves the facade in ashlar diamond. The interior is very rich in polychrome marble cladding for the walls to the rich decoration of the altars and chapels, the large number of marble sculptures. Inside the church are preserved the relics of St. Joseph Moscati, who was canonized in 1987 and is widely worshiped by the faithful.

The center of the square is characterized by dell''Immacolata spire, built in 1751, and is surmounted by a gilded copper statue of the Madonna. The 8 December Firefighters climb a ladder to put on the head of the Virgin Mary a crown of flowers.

The other places

home | naples | the church of ges nuovo